Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pointless job interviews

So I guess I should be happy just to be getting job interviews but some of these have been a complete waste of time. I applied to a few jobs at Language schools in Paris. I have not taught business English before and don't have any experience teaching adults other than private tutoring lessons. However, this is all stated in my cover letter and on my resume. I have lots of experience teaching, especially teaching English here in France, but none with adults. So when a company calls me and invites me to come in for an interview you would think that they had already read my CV and cover letter and should know what is on it. So when the interviewer at the end states well you have no experience with adults or teaching business English, it gets kindof redundant and annoying. No kidding, it is right on my CV that I don't have that experience. So if that is a problem for you, why did you ask me to come in for an interview and waste both of our time. I had another one that went really well, but then at the end of the interview the lady says they don't have any part-time positions available right now but if they do, they will give me a call. That is written clear as day in my cover letter that I am looking for part-time work as I am a student. Why don't these people actually read what is written on the CVs. Crazy people! lol Here's hoping the next interview goes better!

1 comment:

  1. chin up girl, I know the frustration but at least they know who you are at a couple of these places. In the mean time keep smiling that dazzling smile and 'study'!!!!!! love PoppaG

    ReplyDelete