Monday, April 26, 2010

another gymnatics competition in Paris!!

My girls had another gymnastics competition the other weekend. My girls did great and I am super proud of them. Both of my girls qualified for the next level which is the zones. Basically it is like provincials back home. It is all of Île-de-France. However, it was still a fairly stressful day. Things are a little different out here. All competitions are free to watch and the judges are provided by each club at no pay. However, if your judge isn’t there you must pay a fine on the spot. The same goes for any gymnasts who don’t show up, unless they have a medical certificate. And of course the registration fees for the club need to be paid on the spot or the athletes can’t compete. So with my luck, I was the only coach from our club there that day. This meant I had to pay all of the charges which included 1 judge fine, 2 gymnasts’ forfeits and the registration fees. Of course the club will reimburse me, eventually; it just sucked to have to pay the money up front myself. However the success of my girls makes it worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment