Friday, January 15, 2010

part two of my travels over the holidays

Sorry this took so long to add but I have been having problems with the internet at my place (the difficulties with stealing internet! lol)
Anyways,
So I headed back to Paris on the 3rd of January (a sunday). I had called the airport that morning to confirm that there weren't any problems getting through and to confirm the new restrictions. Apparently, they are only for American flights. If you are flying anywhere else, nothing has changed. lol So we went early just in case. There was definitely no need to do so at all! However, when I got there man did I get scared. We saw this line that went on for miles. It was crazy. But all the people still had all their luggage and hadn't checked into their flights yet. That was only one area. My mom and I walked around the corner and found my international flight company (I was flying with LOT Polish airlines). They weren't even open yet and weren't going to open until exactly 3 hours before the flight. So we went and sat somewhere and ate and watched all these poor people trying to fly to the states. Eventually I checked in with my two checked bags and my carry on bag and walked past the super long line and right into security. It took me literally 15 mintuesto get through! lol I went and waited to board my flight which ended up leaving a little about a half hour late. That didn't really matter too much to me as I was heading to Warsaw and going to have to wait 5 hours before my next flight anyways. So we got to Warsaw and disembarked from the plane. There were a bunch of people who were stressed and may have missed their connections but as I said, I had a lot of time.I headed to security again and unfortunately they don't know how to do it as well as north america does. They had two lines and that was it. Considering there were at least 6 flights that had all landed around the same time and people were trying to go through security and customs they probably should have had more lines. Oh well, I made it through and went and found some comfy chairs and slept for a few hours and then did some work while waiting for my hour long flight from Warsaw to Pars. All went well and I arrived in Paris at the same time I was supposed to have. No problems this time!! All I can say is thank goodness I was not going to the states. We will see what happens when I head home in the summer! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment