Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thank you for reminding folks

So I know that as my time in France draws near I should be enjoying myself and remembering all the great things about Paris but every now and then something happens to remind of things that I will not miss at allonce I leave to go back to Canada. One of these such things happened this week. I have to say that usually the public transport system out here is pretty good (except when they are on strike of course). But the other day I was completely dissappointed. First my tain was late which happens so I wasn't too worried. But then as we are heading to the next stop the conductor gets on the speaker and says not to open the doors while in motion. Honestly, I didn't even think that you could do that! lol.We go one more stop and then the train doesn't move. The doors don't close and we have to wait. Finally about 15 minutes later they come on to say that there is a problem with the doors and they won't close therefore we all have to get off the train. Normally, if you were on a regular metro no problem, however, this was a regional train which meant you would have to wait. Back home, the normal thing to do would be to bring a train in to replace that one since it was only half way through its route. Not here, here we had to wait 30 minutes for the next scheduled train heading to that destination. What crap, especially at 8am on a wednesday morning. No worries, none of had to get to work or anything. Gerks!!!
The other thing, or more like the other things, that have been driving me crazy this week are the ignorant people who take the public transportation. I don't understand how you could fully fall on top of someone who is sitting in the metro and not even say excuse me!! Would it not have bothered you if someone had done that to you, oh wait. It does. I am so tired of these people who push and kick and bump into, step on toes, fall on top of other people in the metros and then don't excuse themselves. Then to top it off, someone will bump tem and they give them the dirtiest look possible. Are you kidding me?
So needless to say, when I do leave it will be a very tough moment but having to take the metro everywhere with everyone else is one thing that I will not miss. I will miss being able to get everywhere by public transport but definitely not having to do it with all those ignorant gerks!!

Sorry for the rant but I haven't it was time before I leave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment