Sunday, March 7, 2010

The joys of the late night Paris metro!

The Paris metro is always fun but especially late saturday nights. To be honest, it has been a while since I took the metro home before it closes but it was definitely interesting this saturday. It was just after midnight and I was heading home. About two stops into my ride home, five 17/18 year old girls got onto the metro. At first, I thought they were just hyper, then one of them actually fell off the seat she was sitting in and onto the floor. The others simply looked at her and laughed, and then continued to discuss the level of their drunkness and how funny it was. The one girl even leaned over and placed her head on the shoulder of the poor man who was sitting beside them. Everyone else in the metro car could hear and see how drunk they were. They started making fun of the others on the metro and started asking everyone where they were from. I have to say it was quite an experience. I know me and friends were pretty crazy when we were younger but taking public transportation completely hammered and making fools of ourselves was never part of it. Gotta love that it's acceptable to be 17 and not care whether everyone knows you are hammered or not! lol Only in Paris!!

No comments:

Post a Comment